Saturday, April 14, 2007

Shanghai Routine

Life here has been unexpectedly busy for me, but probably not enough to justify not having posted anything for the last couple weeks. Initially I wanted to blame the Chinese gov, but they only make blogging mildly inconvenient.

Nothing particularly interesting has happened over the last couple weeks. I've settled nicely into the routine of waking at 7:50am going to class till 12pm, getting lunch, taking a 1-2hr nap, watch a little *TV downloaded from the intertron, eat more food, then I usually hit the books from around 10pm-1am on the 1st floor of Tao Li Yuan. Interspersed in that schedule is the occasional 2 1/2 hour *workout session on Wed, Fri and Spring League on Mon.

*I just finished the 2nd season of 24. Have to say the show isn't bad. Keifer Sutherland has come a long way from being the weak link in Young Guns I to the badass now known as Jack Bauer. The one thing I can't stand is Kim Bauer, I'm hoping from season 3-6 they find a way to make his daughter just go away. BSG season finale was damn good, lots of wtf moments.

*the last few weeks I've been working out with a couple friends. There is a decent 400M track on campus. We've been doing light track workouts followed by dips, pushups, and pullups. Its not the same as the gym, but its enough to keep the gun show going.

Currently all foreign students have the entire week off from classes. Some students signed up for trips to either Xian, Beijing, or Tai Shan that had been organized by the school. I chose to spend the time off in Shanghai....umm catching up in my studies. Besides I just committed to flying to Jeju (Korea) to play in 9-man roster tournament the weekend before the May holidays. During the May holiday I'll be flying to Guilin with school friends for around 6 days. Last night I just received the initial costs of the trip and suddenly feel very poor.









Pre-game action before a night out in Shanghai

4 comments:

Carl & Mina said...

I'm slightly jealous. I still haven't made it to Cheju-do. Last time, I had tickets, but had to cancel because I was too sick to go. You know that the island is set up for honeymooners, which means probably no single women or hookers...

Matt said...

Wow. All of a sudden China isn't blocking blogspot?!?! wtf? Which reminds me, how have you been posting? proxy? Anyhow, Peggy and I dig your blog (no doubt due to our similar plight). And I'm way behind on blogging, a few weeks is nothing. Also, stop playing league left handed, it makes it sound like you are no good at disc. Good luck in Korea, Peggy and I decided to save the funds (plus, I'm to old and currently not back in shape to play with only 9).

Kevin said...

I've been using proxy free to post and view my blog. Its kind of annoying but it gets the job done.

Let me know which tourneys you guys decide to go to. Right now I'm thinking Singapore and Manilla.

Matt said...

Will do. Peggy knows more than I, but I'm pretty sure we are planning on Singapore, Shanghai, and the tourney that they are going to have just two hours from here at a place whose name I forget....Manilla huh? Ill have to look into that.